East really does meet West in Hong Kong family home, where British and Chinese styles unite
A family’s multicultural heritage finds expression in their practically luxurious Hong Kong flat.
As clichéd as it may sound, “East meets West” perfectly sums up both Nicola Shaw and the Happy Valley flat she shares with her husband, Martin, and their two young children. Shaw, whose mother is Chinese and father English, grew up in Hong Kong and went to school in Britain. She met and married Martin in London, then moved with him to Beijing and Shanghai, before finally returning to Hong Kong. While searching for somewhere to buy, the couple rented a flat in a block adjacent to their current home.
Master bedroom The master bedroom fulfilled Nicola Shaw’s desire for a bit of bling. The Toccata wallpaper, by Masureel, was HK$1,500 per roll from Tat Ming Wall Paper. The Beaumonde Storage bed (HK$14,000) was custom made by SofaSale. The cushions were HK$80 each from Ikea. The bedside tables (HK$2,100 each) were sourced by Leehar Home.
The full story you find on the SCMP website.
- Beanbag & Inflatable Air Lounger (9)
- Beds & Mattresses (14)
- beds hong kong (1)
- buy bed (1)
- Cabinet (1)
- Ceiling Fans, Pendants, Chandeliers (9)
- Chairs (35)
- Customize Sofa Furniture (9)
furniture hong kong (36)
- » kids furniture (2)
- Interior Design & Decor Hong Kong (32)
- Kitchen & Dining Room Furniture Sets (16)
- lamp (1)
- Office Furniture Sets (6)
- Outdoor Patio Furniture HK (8)
- Outdoor Patio Umbrellas & Shades (4)
- Reclaimed Wood & Eco-Series Furniture (11)
- Sofas (64)
- Sofasale (69)
- Stools and Ottomans (2)
- Tables (11)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Wardrobes, Closets & Storage (1)
- Wood Furniture Guide (3)
- Wooden Cabinets Storage (3)